We go to so many stupid calls that I’m surprised that:
1. I haven’t done the “jerking off” gesture while physically at the call, and
2. I haven’t gotten in any trouble for doing said gesture.
Probably one of the most difficult things for us is keeping our mouths shut and our opinions to ourselves on calls. There is apparently no limit to how ridiculous people are. Even seemingly reasonable and educated people lose all critical thinking skills when emergency services are involved.
For example, calls that may cause medics to do this gesture:
- “He coughed so I called an ambulance.”
- “I have a hangnail.”
- “Can you just take my blood pressure?”
- “My son had a nightmare.”